Breakpoints Not Working / .NET C++/CLI
I was having some trouble getting Visual Studio 2010 to stop at breakpoints in some unmanaged C++ code that’s in a C++/CLI project that I am working on, and as we all know Software Developments rapidly stops being fun if your debugger is broken!
I am using C++/CLI as a thin wrapper around this vanilla C++ functionality so that I could export it to .NET. All was working fine except that the breakpoints in the C++ code did not work. After some searching I found this post:
The post suggested that I should set the ‘Enable unmanaged code Debugging’ setting of the start-up project (not the C++/CLI project), so I enabled it and the brakepoints started working fine – so big thanks Roman for the tip!