Q: How can I speed up encoding & decoding of JPEG images on my embedded system?
Author Archive for: kgodden
About Kevin Godden
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Kevin Godden contributed a whooping 297 entries.
Entries by Kevin Godden
How can I use libjpeg to encode directly to memory without using a file on my embedded system?
How can I get the Subversion (SVN) URL for a single file using Tortoise SVN?
So I had a problem, as part of an embedded software system I was working on I needed to periodically send some GPS information via UDP datagrams to other devices on the network – really simple stuff, transmit a string to an IP address on a given port, Fire And Forget, send a string from […]
Recently I was struggling to achieve very accurately synchronised camera and light triggers for a real-time computer vision project that I was working on, my original PIC embedded system for triggering everything using a PIC micro-controller had a fairly reliable accuracy of about 250us which was sufficient for a few years, but for various reasons […]
The Mod/Modulo (% in C) operator is incredibly useful in many situations, it calculates the remainder from an integer division, for example 10 Mod 3 = 1 (10 Div 3 = 3, 3 * 3 = 9, 10 – 9 = 1). Although you can happily call the % operator from your embedded C program […]
Python simulator of Monty Hall Probability Experiment
If you’re using the very handy boost::split() on Visual Studio, then you may run into the following annoying warning: warning C4996: ‘std::copy::_Unchecked_iterators::_Deprecate’: Call to ‘std::copy’ with parameters that may be unsafe – this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on […]
I had a strange problem with my Windows 10 Remote Desktop connections over the last few days, soon after connecting the connection would simply disappear without any message or warning, this would happen typically under a minute after connecting to the remote machine – amusing, but quite frustrating if you wanted to get anything done! […]
Address: 43 Churchgate, Wicklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
Telephone: +353 87 2236429
- Speed up Encoding of JPEG images on Embedded System
- libjpeg example – encode JPEG to memory buffer instead of file
- Get the Subversion (SVN) URL for a file using Tortoise SVN?
- Fire-And-Forget wrapper for sending simple UDP data using boost::asio libraries
- Use PIC Timer2 not Timer0 for accurate Interval Timing on an Embedded system
- Using ‘Mod’ on (small) Embedded Systems while Avoiding Time Penalties
- Python Monty Hall Problem Simulation
- boost::split – warning C4996: ‘std::copy::_Unchecked_iterators::_Deprecate’: Call to ‘std::copy’ with parameters that may be unsafe