This is a very strange and annoying problem, when editing content on a Drupal 7 installation backslashes were being automatically put before quotes – a real pain especially when editing HTML!
This is a well known issue caused by a silly PHP5 module called ‘magic quotes’. Anyway on Blacknight I found that the only way to get rid of the problem was to make sure that magic quotes functionality was turned on in .htaccess – this would force Drupal to successfully work around the issue. The way to do this is to make sure the the following is included the .htaccess file:
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc on php_flag magic_quotes_sybase on ...
This seems counter intuitive – surely we want to turn magic quotes off? however, including these lines in the file lets Drupal 7 know that the magic quotes functionality is turned on and then it successfully fixes the problem itself..
Here’s a decent article that I found about programmatically creating content in drupal 7:
Address: 43 Churchgate, Wicklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
Telephone: +353 87 2236429
- NTP with GPS and PPS working without network clock
- Flutter App no longer building after upgrading to Android Studio Electric Eel (Java errors)
- Flutter on Web does not support HTTP streaming (e.g. no support for MJPEG streaming)
- C++ toolkit for analyzing GPS path data – distance, speed, heading etc.
- Pylon EnumerateDevices() not finding Basler GigE cameras
- Code to calculate heading / bearing from two GPS latitude and longitude Points
- Code Example: Convert Decimal Degrees and Minutes (DDM) to Decimal Degrees (DD)
- Simple Wrapper of boost::asio for receiving UDP datagrams